Sunday, June 26, 2016

Tournament #7 - Can/Am Taekwon-do Championship


Hosted by Johnson's Taekwon-Do of Glouster (Ottawa), ON, Canada

Categories

(35+) WOMEN Blue Belt to Black Stripe

That was not the case!!!!

9 down. 1 more to go. Saturday June 25th I participated in the Can/am taekwondo Tournament. HOLY SHIT! What an experience.


GrandMaster Rhee Ki Ha

Some things. What was advertised as a no contact/ light contact but nothing but near full out even for the little ones. OMG!!! I felt so awful for the little ones. 18+women's red belt division. ??? Seriously??? What happened to the geriatric division? Hahaha

This tournament was "sudden death" and not by point system.

Some details...The venu was small for the amount of participants. Schools across Canada as far as Newfoundland and the states. Delaware. Hamilton Oakville and someone from Scotland. Our school had the largest amount of participants from Canada. Yeah!!!!! Delaware being largest from states.

The worse: Absolute No air conditioning, turned off as of the night before. It's 32 outside. HOT and hotter inside this school. I was sweating before our division started. 900 start. My division didn't start till about 230. Soaked!

My division...First up. Patterns. Pyramid power. Our patterns were not marked or done as individuals. They were done by getting 2 competitors side by side at the same time. Judges pick. It was split but I lost and received Bronze. now sparring . First match with 25 year old. I won unanimously then Back to back with a 21 year old. Silver in a split decision sparring FULL CONTACT. My face has a bruise on one side, my foot has a huge bruise along all my toes. My right arm is pretty sore. But I'm alive . Can't wait to hear how the other competitors did on Tuesday night.










One down, one more to go... silver or gold.




Double whammy






Sharp (Corner sparring Judge) presenting my silver medal. Thanks for your words



Our school gets most school participation from Canada

No comments: